Friday, July 26, 2013

The Journey by John Heldt

If you asked me a few weeks ago if I would be interested in reading a book about time travelling, I would have laughed and said no thanks.  Now, after reading 2 of John Heldt’s books, I might be a convert.  Seriously, The Journey was AMAZING!

This story starts out with Michelle in present day, mourning the loss of her husband (and somewhat unfulfilling marriage); and also mourning the life she could have had.  Michelle is now, 49, a widow with no children, and living a life she never wanted.  She needs to get away for a little while so she takes a road trip home for her high school reunion, in hopes of letting go and having a good time with her old friends.  While living it up with her friends she comes across a boarded up room.  Curious, she walked inside and stepped out into 1979!

This gives a whole new meaning to “if you could do it all over again, would you?”  Michelle has the opportunity of a lifetime.  Go back and fix all of her regrets, and help guide herself and her friends into a brighter more fulfilling future (and maybe even save her best friends life!!).  But will she? And if so, at what cost?? 

It was written beautifully, and held my attention from page one.  I would DEFINITELY put this on your list of books to read.  It is part of a three book series, The Mine (my review), The Journey, and The Show.  I just finished this one and can’t WAIT to see what The Show has to offer!
(Review by Jillian)

No comments:

Post a Comment