Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nearly Broken (Nearly #1) by Devon Ashley

I don't even know where to begin with this review.  I was held captive by this book.  I needed to know what would happen next.  The emotional roller coaster ride this book took me on is still taking its toll on me!

This is a DARK read.  Don't let the sweet cover fool you.  Half of the time I was filled with pure horror at what was reading and I was cringing and sick to my stomach.  However, the other half was filled with so much love that I almost couldn't stop smiling!  There were a few twists and turns that I saw coming, and a few more that I SO did not expect!  It was kind of like having Consequences by Aleatha Roming, The Dark Duet by C.J. Roberts, and Hopeless by Colleen Hoover meshed into one story.

I was immediately sucked in by the connection between Nick and Megan.  They had an almost instant bond but I also knew that there was a lot more to their story.  Megan is covered in burns but she hides them, and how she got them, from everyone.  Her thoughts are constantly tortured and she lives her life terrified.  When Nick starts working with her at the diner his life becomes just another mystery in the story line to figure out.

A page turner from the first line, enough resolution for me to not feel "shafted," but enough lose ends for me to contemplate reading book two, Nearly Mended, due out in 2014.  If you like dark reads add this one to the top of your TBR list.
Review by Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment