Sunday, February 9, 2014

Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth

I've waited four months to write this review.  I was so angry when I finished reading Allegiant that if I had written my review then I would of broken my #1 cardinal rule of reviewing: no author bashing (yes I was that angry).  Now I don't feel quite like that. I'm still angry about what happened in Allegiant - very angry - in fact when talking to my friends about it I almost always refer to it as "Effing Allegiant".  However, I am no longer angry at Veronica Roth!  It was her story to tell how she saw fit and how the characters told her to.  I'm not here to judge her, but I kinda hate the whole last book of this series and wish I skipped it.  On a plus side, it did make me feel, I felt a LOT and the emotions I felt (both positive and negative) were STRONG.  I was really close to not bothering with the movies now that I know how it all ends... then I saw the trailers and remember why I loved Divergent and Insurgent - Theo James doesn't hurt either!  I never thought I'd say this but I really hope Hollywood changes the ending.

So why didn't I like it?  Well it was kind of like The Truman Show meets Logan 's Run.  It was just plain odd.  I didn't feel like the story fit with the rest of the series, which I actually think is what Veronica Roth was going for because, wow - the reality is just off the wall in this book.  I  eventually accepted the circumstances surrounding what was "outside the fence" and even almost starting not hating what was going on... then the ending happened, and that is when I got really angry.  You will have to read it for yourself to see what got me so upset.
Review by Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment