Monday, May 6, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster was amazing! Yes, it's Beautiful Disaster's story told in Travis's POV, so the main plot and story is the same (so do yourself a favor, and DON'T re-read beautiful disaster again before reading this book), but it has SUCH a different feel coming from Travis's thoughts. Even reading a scene that is exactly the same as the original (say the party scene that starts off "to douche bags..." because it happens to be one of my favorite from the whole book) it still gives you a completely different feeling while reading it because you get insight into Travis that you never got in Beautiful Disaster. This book also humanizes Travis much more than the original. It gives you a little more of a view into his relationship with his family than before, and I now LOVE all Maddox men!!
There were a few things about this book I didn't love (though they wouldn't be nearly enough for me to not recommend reading it, because you SO should!). One was that in parts, I did feel like it was a bit rushed and could have been developed a little more. And second was the epilogue. I don't want to go into it too much, and ruin anything for anyone who hasn't read it yet, but I don't think it was necessary and almost a bit cheesy. I also think that by doing this epilogue she completely killed any chance for a follow up book.
All in all a great read. It brought me to tears once or twice, and that is saying a lot considering I knew exactly what to expect!
Review by Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment