Thursday, May 2, 2013

This Girl by Colleen Hoover

DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT READ SLAMMED AND POINT OF RETREAT BY COLLEEN HOOVER!  This review will not reveal any new information, however, it will touch on events that occurred during Slammed and Point of Retreat.

Oh Will Cooper, how I adore you!  Hearing how tormented Will was over Lake the entire time leading up to   them finally being together made me fall a little bit more in love with him.  I honestly think Will was more tortured by the whole situation than Lake was, and that's saying a LOT!  Every step Will took he was thinking about Lake.

I assumed my favorite part of This Girl would be seeing Lake though Will's eyes, it was his interactions with Julia.  I love Julia, she may actually be my favorite character in the series after this book.  I appreciated that Julia's death wasn't glossed over or dragged out while still allowing her to continue to be a positive influence in everyone's life.  

It did take a while for me to get used to the present/flashback way the book was presented.  It was like one of those end of the season montage episodes of friends where not much time passes in "real life" but the story covers almost a full years worth of time.  It seemed like odd honeymoon talk to me, but hey, Will and Lake have never had a typical relationship, right?

Definitely don't skip the last installment of the Slammed series, its well worth the read and this time, everyone gets their "Happily Ever After."
Review by Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment