Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Because of You (Playing with Fire #2) by T.E. Sivec

This book elicited some very strong emotions from me.  VERY strong, like I had thoughts of hunting down T.E. Sivec to yell at her for what I thought she had done as I was blubbering as quietly as I could so I didn't wake up The Hubs (why is it things always happen when I read her books that disturb my husband sleep?).  Needless to say I got over it and I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Famous pop star, Lalya, needs some increased security because she seems to have a stalker.  Enter Brady, super hot ex Navy SEAL/ex cop, whom you might remember from A Beautiful Lie (Playing with Fire #1) (also by T.E. Sivec).  Brady has a past that has left him riddled with guilt.  Lalya is living a life she hates.

I liked that we got both Lalya and Brady's prospective at different points int the book, it really enhanced the story for me.  There were a lot of flashbacks to things that happened prior to the books timeline as well a s a few that we missed being in the other characters "head."  It was different and I really liked that.

Definitely add this one to your TBR list!  Oh, and while your at it add the third installment of the Playing with Fire series (yet to be titled) too.  This one looks like its about Navy SEAL Austin and Gwen, Brady's sister!
Review by Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment