Sunday, April 21, 2013

Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

A super sexy professor falling for with his student?   Yes, please!

Okay so Gabriel's Inferno isn't quite that straight forward, not at all!  Julia is just starting out her MA program and is haunted by her lingering feelings for her professor, Gabriel Emmerson.  In a surprising twist you find out that Gabriel and Julia have a connected past that changed both of their lives irrevocably.

Both Gabriel and Julia have things in their past that have damaged them permanently and neither one has healed or moved on.  Julia has suffered at the hands of an ex boyfriend in ways that Gabriel can only imagine while Gabriel's illicit past is something he is constantly feels the need to atone  for and is unwilling to allow himself any happiness until he does.

I was pulled around by my heart the entire way though this book.  Each time I learned something new about Gabriel or Juilia I was astounded.  Some of the revaluations were utterly shocking, but nothing Gabriel thinks he is responsible for could make him unlovable, not in my eyes, or Julia's.  Gabriel more than proves his love for Julia again and again taking you on a great ride!  (On a side note, every time Gabriel thought or said "Angelfucker" I laughed, the sentiment just didn't fit with his personality and I loved it!)

This book gave me a serious hangover and I could not pick up another book (I tried!) until I got my hands on Gabriel's Rapture!
Review by Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment