Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chasing Nikki - Lacey Weatherford

Its been a while since a book has made me full on ugly cry, but this one so did! (And I had a house full of people when it happened!)

I became very emotionally attached to Chase right away. I cannot imagine dealing with the type of trauma that Chase had to go though at such a young age, its no wonder he turned to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain! When Chase's mom makes the decision to uproot both their lives again to move to the country I really connected to her. As a mom I can only imagine how difficult and heartbreaking this decision must of been on her.

When Chase sees Nikki for the first time I instantly fell in love with her, just like Chase. Their magnetic connection may not have been immediate for Nikki but I loved watching the chase! Chase proves how fun, sweet, and romantic a teenage boy really can be.... and being the football teams star quarterback doesn't hurt either!

I won't go into detail about why, but this book left me shattered, completely.  My heart hurt in ways I didn't think was possible for a fictional character!  When I read the bit Lacy added after Finding Chase and found out the inspiration for Chase and this story my heart broke all over again.

This book is a must read!
Review by Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment