Monday, May 19, 2014

Legal Affairs - Confessions of a Litigation God by Sawyer Bennett

After the delightful torture of reading the Legal Affairs serials in installments every two weeks I was left feeling sad that it was all over.  Then I heard about Confessions of a Litigation God and learned that not only would I be getting more Matt Connover, but that it would be a full length novel!  I was overjoyed with anxious excitement.   There are times when the male POV version of a story just falls flat making me wish I had skipped it; and then there are times where it elevates the characters and the story to a whole new level.  Confessions of a Litigation God is the latter.

Matt Connover is a super sexy, powerful, rich attorney.  He knows what he wants out of life and isn't afraid to live his life the way he wants, or at least he's convinced himself that this is true.  In Confessions we learn so much more about Matt and what makes him tick.  The circumstances of his past have left him far more damaged than I previously thought.  I actually found my heart aching for Matt at the times where, during Legal Affairs, I honestly wanted to hurt him (especially in his family jewels).

The intensity that Matt approaches life with truly surprised me.  I knew Matt enjoyed the things he did, both in his professional life as well as his personal life, but I never imagined how hyper focused and driven by carnal desires his actions really were.  Matt is a man that aims to please, and not just himself.  His intensity really revved up the heat factor in Confessions!  When Matt described his desire for Mac, his need to please her, and the pleasure he gains from a job well done... Well, lets just say I was insanely jealous of Mac in those moments!  If only our significant others were half as attentive as Matt Connover!  Confessions of a Litigation God is H.O.T!

I cannot think of one thing I wanted to know about Matt that wasn't directly answered in Confessions.  Confessions ends just a touch later than Legal Affairs.  The epilogue was the perfect little bit of extra that the series needed to end on the perfect note and left me with a big smile on my face.  Sawyer Bennett did and amazing job telling Matt's story without the "I just read this" feeling that too often happens with these type of books.  Every Legal Affairs fan NEEDS to read Matt's story!
Review by Danielle



No comments:

Post a Comment