Friday, June 6, 2014

One-Knight Stand by Barbara Devlin

One - Knight Stand is the fourth book in the Brethren of the Coast series by Barbara Devlin. However, it can easily be read as a stand-alone. Aside from the Outlander series, it can be challenging for me to find a historical romance book that I really enjoy. Luckily, Devlin puts in a lot of humor and suspense in her series that makes it a fun read. This book did not have the suspense and action the three previous books are known for, but it is still a great read.

This book focuses on two life-long friends that have secretly loved each other but never announced it to each other. It was fun to read how the heroine, Cara, went about trying to get Lance, her hero, to see her as more than a friend. I really liked this book and it is hard to pick my favorite characters from the series. The only thing that I had an issue with was Lance's pet name for Cara, sugar kisses. It was a bit too cheesy for me as it was used a lot, but that was my only complaint regarding the book and should not deter you from reading it. I highly recommend everyone check out the whole series if you enjoy historical romances. I promise you won't be disappointed!
Review by Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment