Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lost in Me (Here and Now #1) by Lexi Ryan

Can you imagine waking up in a hospital with no recollection of how you got there, only to discover the last thing you remember happened almost a year ago?  That's the situation Hanna finds herself in.  Bruised and battered but with a body she always wanted and apparently, all of her childhood dreams have been realized.  Her life seems absolutely perfect, but it doesn't feel right.

This book has a little bit of everything.  Suspense, mystery, romance, and even a love triangle (kinda)!  You walk though Hanna's life as clueless about what is going on as she is, figuring things out right along with her.  Max seems like the perfect doting fiance.  Concerned about Hanna, worried about her accident, and so in love he cannot wait to be married; the sooner the better.  When Nate the rock star enters Hanna's life, a man she doesn't remember ever meeting, she begins to doubt everything she has learned about her "perfect" new life.  Usually I peg who the heroine will wind up with pretty quickly when love triangles are involved, however, I'm left scratching my head this time.  I'm not even sure who's team I'm on yet!  There are good things that can be said for Max and Nate, and some bad things too.  I can't wait to learn more about each of them!  Fair warning though, Lost in Me ends on a HUGE cliffhanger.

I have read other books about amnesia patients in the past and they have always fallen flat.  I have to say, however, this one really surprised me with its twists and turns.  A few things I saw coming, some hit me like a ton of bricks leaving me with my jaw hanging open going, "Oh My God no way that just happened!"  That is one of the things I love about Lexi Ryan's writing, as soon as I get comfortable and think things will be nice and predictable she catches me off guard and sends me on an awesome ride!

The Here and Now series is a spin off of the equally amazing New Hope series.  If your not up to date on the New Hope gang, I personally recommend reading them first as there are some minor spoilers in this book for that series.  However, I don't feel anything would be damaged by starting here first!  The Here and Now series had a very different feel to me from the New Hope series but its nice to see the whole gang come together yet again.  Book two in the Here and Now Series, Fall to You, is due out in June 2014.  Thankfully that means the wait to find out what will happen with Hanna Max and Nate won't be too long... however I suspect that we will find another cliffhanger at the end of that one too!  Bring it on Lexi Ryan, bring it on!
Review by Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment