Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fate's Mistake by Brandace Morrow

I have been in a sequel funk for some time now. Recently, follow up books have left me feeling rather let down. I'm not sure if it was high expectations or what, but I was about to give up on sequels as a whole until this book. This. Book. I read Fan Girl back in March and could not put it down. So I was a little apprehensive to read Fate's Mistake because I didn't want to be let down since it would have been challenging to top Fan Girl. However, Morrow did just that in Fate's Mistake. This book can honestly be read as a stand alone since it is a different celebrity in the series (this is book two), but the characters from the Fan Girl make a brief appearance (which I totally love).

So this book has some dark content. Domestic abuse. I think Morrow handled the topic well and completely had me wrapped around her finger from the first chapter. Seriously. It was two in the morning and I was thinking to myself, "I can probably function on four hours of sleep... One more chapter." While I did function on four hours of sleep, I often found myself thinking about the characters constantly. I have a huge book hangover. I am at a loss on what to read next because I keep thinking about these characters. Morrow does an excellent job of character development (I want to hang out with them) and writing scenes (I felt like I was there). I really fell in love with this book and cannot wait to see what Morrow has coming up next. I completely fell in love with Danny. *fans myself* I'm not a big country fan, but I wouldn't mind listening to it all the time if he was singing it. Just saying. He has the biggest heart, has so much patience, and really knows how to take care of a lady. I fell for him in chapter one and he's currently my top book boyfriend. With that said, if you haven't checked out Fan Girl or Fate's Mistake, you are really missing out. What are you waiting for? You can totally function on four hours of sleep. ;)
Review by Amber


Where to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment