Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Show (Northwest Passage #3) by John A. Heldt

******STOP!  If you have not read The Mine this review contains
SPOILERS!*****

I was very excited when I found out there was a sequel to The Mine. I was
intrigued to see where John Heldt would take the story of Joel and Grace
after we left them in the present day... young, in love with Grace adjusting
to living in a world of electronics and conveniences she never knew existed.


I definitely wasn't disappointed!! This story took me on many adventures,
and I loved all of the unexpected twists and turns.  At first, there was one
story line (I won't go into details) that bugged me at first, but once I
really put myself in Graces mindset and thought about how different things
were in the 1940's, I saw this story in a whole new light. Mr. Heldt did an
amazing job really capturing the true essence of life in current times as
well as in the 1940's.


This series has quickly become one of my favorites and I can't wait to dig
into The Fire, the sequel to The Journey!!!

I feel it's important here to tell you about the reading order of Northwest
Passage Series, as it is a little counter intuitive.

The Mine
The Journey
The Show (sequel to the Mine)
The Fire (sequel to the Journey)

Review by Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment