Sunday, March 29, 2015

Captain Of Her Heart (Brethren Of The Coast #5) by Barbara Devlin

I love this series! This is the fifth installment of the Brethren of the Coast and the books keep getting better. This is Jason and Lady Alex's story. The previous book left unresolved issues with these two and Alex attempted to remedy the situation at the beginning of the story. I'm always impressed with how Devlin paints the scenery to make me feel as if I traveled back in time.

I was excited to read their story and all the challenges these two strong-minded characters presented. When the synopsis stated Alex was so stubborn, she proved to Jason that she was useful in his house and helped the housekeeper with daily chores, I knew this book would not disappoint! Their interactions were comical and the intimate scenes were very heated. This book gave me everything I wanted in a historical fiction.  I am looking forward to reading more from Devlin.
Review by Amber

1 comment: