Friday, August 16, 2013

Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover

I didn't think it was possible to love Holder more than I already did.  Then I read the first chapter of Losing Hope.  Not only did I fall for Holder all over again, my heart completely shattered for him.

I jumped into Losing Hope expecting that I knew what would happen since I read Hopeless.  (Actually, I loved Hopeless so much it made it onto my Honor Roll list!)  But that was only partly true.  This book far exceeded any of my expectations.  Holder is so much more complex that I could have ever imagined.

I actually think I felt more for Holder reading his story than I did for Sky when I read hers.  While the things that happened to Sky were truly horrible, she lived a happy life.  Holder, however, was so consumed by the events of his life that he never got a reprieve.  The depth that Holder felt everything, the way he held on to Hope and his letters to Les.... those letters, every one of them, they just ripped my heart out.

Bravo Colleen Hoover, bravo!
Review by Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment